Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy YDBMFAWYYD Day


My husband is a silly, silly man. And a wonderful one. He brings me roses for all the major occasions such as YDBMFAWYYD Day.

This Saturday morning, I awoke to find that he was gone (he had told me he'd need to be at his office assisting with a project this morning for about an hour), but he had left me a kitchen sink full of 2 dozen of the most gorgeous red roses I believe I'd ever seen! (The roses, still swaddled in florist wrap, were carefully placed in a saucepan of water to keep them hydrated until I arranged them.)

There was no note with them, but I found an email announcing that these gorgeous flowers are for "YDBMFAWYYD Day." I could not find this on my calendar.

Upon his return from the office, he revealed that YDBMFAWYYD Day is "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore WAIT! Yes You Do!" Day. Sigh...I married a nut.

It has, indeed, been awhile since he came home with flowers for me--something I didn't even realize till today when he told me what day it is. But that's okay--he tells me and shows me in what high esteem he holds me (the man is very clear I'm the queen!) in so very many ways every day, it's not like I need the roses to know. However that is NOT said to discourage him from acting on his flower-buying impulses--just to say they are just icing on a very voluptuous cake of affection! (Okay--so we're both a little nutty--a perfect fit!)

No comments: